Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jackson Rathbone's film 'The Last Airbender' might've been fight training enough for 'Eclipse'

Sunday, August 23, 2009
From: http://www.examiner.com by Amanda Bell

The Twilight Saga: New Moon star Jackson Rathbone might've gotten all the fight training he needed for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse in filming his M. Night Shyamalan movie The Last Airbender.

He sat down with MTV to discuss The Last Airbender, and had a lot of very interesting things to say about the physical activity that he was responsible for in bringing his character Sokka to the big screen - especially when it came to fight sequences.

Jasper is so composed and kind of holding it all back, so getting to play a character where I can just run into people was great! I got to do this fight scene where I get attacked by three different people at the same time; I’m running through a battle trying to find my little sister, worried about where she is, and this guy charges me with a sword! So, I make the split decision to just tackle him, take him straight to the ground, and then someone else comes behind me and tries to slash me in the back - so I pull that guy over me, and he hits his own guy.

This sort of triple threat scenario is exactly what we should expect when it comes to some of Jasper's flashback sequences in Eclipse. Not to mention, when he joins his Cullen family members and the wolfpack on the battlefield with Victoria's newborn army, he will be the ringleader in waging war upon the looming threat issued by many other vampires.

That said, perhaps Rathbone isn't suffering the same issues of endurance mentioned by his co-star Ashley Greene and others as a consequence of the recent fight training they were subjected to. In either case, since The Last Airbender and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse open back to back in the summer of 2010, it seems we'll get a double dose of Rathbone in action - literally.

More at: The Last Airbender

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
M. Night Shymalan: The Last Airbender. Design by Pocket